Elevators 27 (1.5 hrs)


Tonight is my 100th post to this blog!  I started this blog in July of 2012, but I didn’t make it public until I had purchased my empennage kit in December.  Since that time I’ve put in about 147 hours into the kit.  The empennage is all but done, and the wing kit arrives in about 3 weeks.

No pictures tonight.  I bent the trailing edge of the left elevator and match drilled it to the skeleton.  I started to deburr the holes and the edges and made it about half way through before calling it a night.  My hope for tomorrow is to complete dimpling, bend the tabs, and rivet the left elevator, leaving only the completion of the tab… we’ll see if I make it.

Leave a comment