On Monday of this week, my finishing kit arrived. Unfortunately, I was so busy at work, I wasn’t even able to meet them at the airport. I had to send my wife! It wasn’t until today (Friday) that I was able to make it to the airport for the unboxing. Here is the hangar mascot excited for the big unveiling.
I also ordered a set of the seat foam that Van’s provides. A bit pricey for a bit of foam, but this will be far cheaper than the expensive seats from Oregon Aero and the like. I intend to use the plans Van’s includes with the kits, but I will either have my wife put them together (she can sew when properly motivated) or a local auto upholster-er. I intend it to be two shades, light grey and dark grey with bright orange stitching to match the internal accents I will be doing. The headrest will likely have something embroidered on it. Maybe my name or experimental or the n-number if I ever figure out what that will be. For the time being though, I’m going to wrap them in trash bags and duct tape so that I can test out the cockpit ergonomics. I might even keep that setup until after the first flight. I’m a little vertically challenged, so I want to see if adding any height to the seats will be beneficial before I put final covers on them.