Today I finished all of the countersinking for the spar nut plates. I also attached all of the nut plates (for both the fuel plate and the inspection panels) to the bottom of both spars. I did not prime the countersinks for the rivets prior to riveting but I did prime the screw countersinks after riveting the nut plates. All that remains is to flip the spars and rivet / prime on the other side. This part is quick and I hope to get back out to the garage before my primer hits its pot life today to finish up. Next up, I believe will be the Z-brackets.
I drilled, deburred and dimpled all of the access plates and labeled them to their corresponding location. I did not follow Van’s procedure for these countersinks either. I again used my back plate with a pilot hole. The instructions say to use the #40 countersink… and you would have to if you were using the nutplates as the pilot hole, but since I used the backing plate, and the holes had to be drilled out to #28, I used the #30 again. These countersinks came out perfect as you can see here.