Last night I was going to get done what I wound up doing tonight, but when I arrived in the garage I realized I had quite the mess of tools and very little room to work. So I cleaned up quickly and called it a night. Tonight I finished match drilling the trim tab hinge. Here you can see the hinge clamped in place prior to drilling. After I completed drilling I deburred and cleaned all the parts. All that remains for the trim tab is to rivet and install!
I decided to give the rattle can self etching primer a try for these small parts. A time saver for sure, but I’m not particularly a big fan. The trim tab is easy to pull off and inspect for corrosion so I’m not as concerned about using the time intensive and better AKZO primer.