Ailerons 17 (3.0 hrs)


After completing the priming, I set about riveting the push rods. Unfortunately I made the bonehead mistake of not properly labeling everything. I had a pretty good idea which part went where, but I was till off a little bit. It took some trial and error to figure it out. And then a little sandpaper to get everything to fit.

I used one steel rivet and one aluminum rivet in each end. 

The large pushrods were quick and easy with the pneumatic pop rivet gun and pop rivets. 

Finally, I temporarily assembled each of the aileron bell cranks. I will wait awhile longer before final install. 

Leave a comment