Its cold out! I had a little spare time this evening to begin work on a few miscellaneous projects. First up, I need to route some conduit to the tail of the plane for the elevator trim and the rudder strobe. I’m going to use the same flexible tube conduit from Van’s I used in the wings. A few builders have created new holes in the bulkhead, but I’m not a big fan of drilling extra holes in this location. I’m going to use zip ties. To help protect from chaffing I made some small doublers from the split tube conduit I have for each zip tie / bulkhead location.
While I didn’t take a photo, I also fabricated the second fairing for the right side tonight and then primed.
I also made the bonehead mistake of placing the static ports one bulkhead further forward than they are supposed to be. I drilled them out quickly.
Next I ran the static line in its proper location. I didn’t trim the tubing, and will wait until my new static ports arrive. You can also see the conduit installed in this photo. I’m not entirely sure how far forward I will bring the conduit at this point. My thought is that I will bring it forward to either the battery location, or to the first bulkhead (by the rear seat) that has a location drilled for the aft battery. The ELT remote, elevator trim, battery cable, and strobe wiring, will all have to be routed here.
Session time: 3.0 hours