Rolling the leading edges is officially my least favorite thing to do. In other words… it stinks. I’m not going to go into much detail. Suffice it to say that the right elevator leading edge is about 50% done, but it took entirely too long to get this far. With my 1″ pipe the edges weren’t coming together in the way I would like. I used my hands and got it close.
The endeavor got me thinking. The pipe seems to bend it in the middle. Near the edge and near the spar the aluminum is straight. What I’ve decided to try is a couple other pipes of different diameter to get the bend closer to the way I want before riveting. I’ll tackle that this weekend.