Elevators 8 (2.0 hrs)


No photos for today’s post. I added a new step to my priming prep process. I wiped all the parts off with water and a rag, and then rinsed each under the hose. I had noticed previously, especially on larger parts, that all the dust from the scotchbrite pades made cleaning with acetone longer than it should be. I dryer all the parts off and then used forced air to get any water out of holes and dimples. I allowed the parts to further dry for several hours and the in the afternoon I wiped them all down with acetone. The amount of grey dust was seriously reduced by the water wash. I think this will be an improvement on the primer adhesion as I’m more confident all oils and first have been removed.

Leave a comment