Fuel Tanks (0.5 hr)


This afternoon I tested the right fuel tank for leaks. On the first try, there was a small leak. It was almost imperceptible to the eye, but over time it was decreasing. I was immediately dismayed. I broke out the soapy water and Jack and I inspected the entire tank. No leaks were observable. I decided I would tighten and check all the manometer connections, re-lube the fuel cap seal, and put the end cap on the valve stem. After making these tweaks, no more leak. In fact, as the temperature increased, the tank gained pressure. So, after many trials and tribulations, the fuel tanks are finally COMPLETE!

Leave a comment