Horizontal Stab 16 (4.0 hrs)


Today, I finished several tasks. First, I dimpled both of the horizontal stab skins. I drilled the new holes that will bracket the mistake I made a few weeks back, and finally I primed all the remaining horizontal stab parts to include the insides of the skins. Productive day!

First up are pics of my fix for the dimple mistake I made. I used the digital calipers to precisely mark the exact center locations between the bad dimple and the rivets on either side. After marking the centerline it was a quick fix to drill, deburr and dimple the new holes.

20130309-192222.jpg

20130309-192252.jpg

20130309-192214.jpg

Here are all the parts after priming. Now its time to rivet! I guess its time I learn how…. 🙂

20130309-210924.jpg

20130309-210932.jpg

Leave a comment